100 Day Practice Challenge
I am so excited to begin this year’s studio wide 100 day Mario Bros. Themed practice challenge on September 1st 2018!
Awards and the special 100 day T-shirt will be announced and handed out at the Solo Recital April 15th 2019
- Students must practice 100 days in a row.
- If a student misses a day, they loose 1 of their 5
“Mario life hearts”
- If a student misses practice and has already lost all their “life hearts”, they must go back to day 1 to start counting over.
- If a students is too sick to practice, they may listen to their Suzuki CD 2x in one day in place of practicing.
- If a student is traveling (over a school break) without their instrument, they may either listen to the CD 2x every day or write a 1 page, 5 paragraph, report on any composer they choose during each week of missed practice.
- Lessons count as practice.
- Group lessons count as practice.
- Performing counts as practice.
- Playing your instrument in school ensembles counts as practice.
- Orchestra rehearsal counts as practice.
- Sight reading chamber music with your friends counts as practice.
- Chamber music lessons count as practice.
- Practice need not be for a specific length of time, this challenge is about building a habit!
- Students, with the help from their parents , will keep track of the days practiced and let me know where they are at lessons. You may use a 100x sheet from the studio.
- Students able to practice 100 days (or more!) in a row will receive a t-shirt and award at the Spring solo recital.